(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminBrad Winney (Director, EarthNC) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  AdminBrad Winney (Director, EarthNC) responded  · 

Folks, our situation with this request is that we have fairly sophisticated algorithms that stitch all of the individual chart together as a seamless national quilt. In our system, you can search for a certain region (state, city, harbor or, for that matter, marker) and the system takes you right to that point. It would be very difficult to retrofit the system to “extract” individual charts. What would be helpful is to hear from you as to whether this is a make or break, or just something you’re used to doing?

- EarthNC

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminVirgil Zetterlind (Admin, EarthNC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you download a chart area in our iOS apps, the download screen will shade any areas you've already cached.

You can also 'download along route' for any saved routes/tracks you might have. To do this: 1
        1. go to Saved -> Routes
        2. tap on the route along which you want to download
        3. Tap anywhere on the map thumbnail or on the upper right button and select 'Download Maps for Track/Route'

• Al commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My problem as a new user is to make sure I have all the charts required for a complete trip in one case down the intercostal waterway. Whether it is a complete chart by number or just the route doesn't matter. I have friends making the trip now. I don't know if they saved all the right charts or not.

• AdminBrad Winney (Director, EarthNC) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, we recognize that there is an incumbent method to updating charts et al. Its important to note however that the notion of discretely updating charts goes away with our system. Each week, we pull down the entire raster chart set from NOAA's servers and render them in real time. As you scroll around your regions of interest (while online) we are serving the absolute latest chart data. From there, you simply draw a region with your finger to download the relevant "charts" if you know that you're going to be off-line during your voyage.

• PILOTVER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if you are using navegation charts its better to download for especific chart number also corrections

• Mark M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please look at Rosepoint Coastal Explorer's chart update and categorization system.
        (win32 app)
        It's phenomenal, simple and easy for the user. We can choose regions to update (supersets?), and under that it lists all the charts by Chart # as well as by tile on a big map.

• Donna Stull commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using an android and wondering how to get the Doppler weather overlay? I see it on your web site but not on my phone.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have found it handy to be able to ccenter in on an Atlantic ICW st miles search.This is listed when you find the Bridge opening list.

Feedback and Knowledge Base