I suggest you ...

Show Real-Time AIS Traffic (Mobile apps and Web app)

Add a real-time traffic display from Internet AIS traffic sources (if of course, you're withing Cell range).

44 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brad Goodman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  AdminBrad Winney (Director, EarthNC) responded  · 

We’re well on our way with a good portion of this. We’ll have the “receiving” side of this done in the next couple of months. We’re looking at ways to work with different AIS networks as we speak.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To both Brads,
        Excellent idea!! I currently us mAIS & I would think it would be easy to incorporate the iPhone displays onto earthNC map as an overlay. I also think that would be the best method so that it could be selected and deselected quickly.
        -Bob Meyers

• Brad Goodman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

mAIS application allows boat positions to be
        "Broadcast" back to the marinetraffic.com mAIS system.

This doesn't mean a vessel has "true AIS" - as it isn't broadcasting on a local VHF - but it means their position would be viewable through anything on the marinetraffic.com network of reporting apps.

I would assume it would be a somewhat trivial thing to add this type of mAIS reporting in EarthNC. Perhaps even easier than actually displaying received traffic.

Feedback and Knowledge Base