1. Swipe the map labels to change the stats that they show.
2. Double tap the trip computer to rearrange it.
3. Turn the map sideways for a full-screen view.
4. The colored border around the map indicates GPS signal - green for good, yellow for mediocre, and red for bad.
5. Send a GPX track to email@example.com to import it to your phone. The subject line is the track title. You can create and save GPX tracks with your laptop/desktop with the EarhtNC Online Viewer
6. While recording, get the best battery life by backgrounding the app under iOS 4.0 with the Home Button, or using the Sleep button on the top of your iPad or non-iOS 4.0 devices. Turn off push notifications, wifi, and 3G to conserve battery. You can also remove your SIM card to increase battery life.
7. Get guidance to waypoints, photos, and tracks via Details pages.
8. For best results, do your map downloads and data exports in wi-fi or strong 3G coverage.